Tim has been (seriously) running for about a year now. I've never really been interested or enjoyed running. However, now that the boys can ride bikes we can go running/jogging/bike riding as a family and that has been a good activity for us to do as a family. Tim and I were just taking turns running/jogging but I invited the boys to ride their bikes while I jogged and Tim ended up meeting us with Nate in the stroller. So since then, we all go. We had a few bright ideas to make running/jogging/ bike riding more safe with strollers, bikes and cars. The first was a whistle! We each have one and they work great. When the boys are down the road, we can simply whistle and it tells them to get over and stop for a car. And maybe the cars hear it too? I also found some flags for the boys' bikes. They aren't as tall as I thought, but they do work well for small hills, curves and the rail road tracks. Of course, the boys wear bike helmets. And we are getting ready for our new jogging stroller to arrive.
Nate and I will never be the same, I'm sure. The old four wheeled stroller, is about to see it's last use, and Nate will enjoy a smooth ride. I'm guessing it'll be a while before Nate is riding his own bike! But we have all enjoyed the benefits of getting outside and getting fit.
Zack biked 5 miles one day with Tim and then 2 more miles with him the next day. Sammy has the stamina for about 2 miles, which is about as far as I go at this point. We'll see how we fare in the summer heat.
1 comment:
That's awesome, Christa! You inspire me. I used to run, and I've despaired of ever doing so again after getting out of shape and now being preggo with #1. What a fantastic family activity, though. I'm gonna tell Trey. Maybe we can do this one day!
Post a Comment